Eligibility and Anniversary Terms
- MBV employees may purchase safety toe footwear every year. (or every other year for the maintenance department)
- Eligibility is based on the date of hire for the Mercedes-Benz Vans Plant in Ladson, SC and is on an annual basis from your anniversary.
- If you are transferred to a different department which has different footwear requirements, then your transfer date will become your new eligibility date/anniversary date for safety shoes.
- If you are not currently eligible you will be notified.
Payment and Delivery
- All departments (other than maintenance) are allotted $85 per year.
- Maintenance is allotted $170 every two years. Maintenance employees can elect to spend all $170 on one transaction for one pair of footwear for the two years or spilt it into two $85 transactions and purchase footwear every year.
- If footwear chosen goes over the MBV allowance amount, the $85 (or $170) will be applied to the purchase total and MBV employees would then be responsible to pay the remaining balance.
- Payment is due at time of pick up.
- Pick up is at the on-site Team Wear store at our normally scheduled times. Currently Monday and Friday from 12:00pm until 3:00pm.
- You will be advised of your orders fulfillment within 24 hours of making your selection, excluding weekends and holidays.
- You will be contacted when your selection is ready for pick up.
Footwear RatingsEH (Electrical Hazard)
- EH is non-conductive footwear.
- Blocks the electrical current from coming in contact with the body.
- Designed to provide protection from open circuits of 600 volts or less in dry conditions.
- Electricians need EH and anyone working around electricity.
- Designed to reduce the accumulation of excess static electricity.
- SD footwear slowly releases the charge from the body to eliminate sudden sparks.
- Employees working around computers, sensitive machines, and gases that could ignite need SD.